SIBA Quality Standards.
THE INDIANA QUALITY ASSURANCE BUILDER STANDARDS.
The Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards (QABS) program, developed by the Indiana Builders Association, is a series of performance standards that both consumers and builders can use to communicate and understand each other’s expectations regarding building and remodeling projects.
- This encourages professionalism within the home building industry and increases the likelihood that consumers will have satisfactory experiences when building or remodeling homes.
- Only members of the Southwestern Indiana Builders Association can participate in the QABS program locally, so working with a SIBA member is the only way you can get the assurances the QABS program provides. When you sign a contract to work with a SIBA member, you’ll receive an Indiana QABS manual that does the following:
- Establishes construction standards for home building
- Includes descriptions of major areas of construction
- Eliminates and prevents misunderstandings by addressing the vast majority of the questions that arise in the course of the typical construction or remodeling process
- Provides protection for the consumer and the builder by defining the builder’s and the homeowner’s responsibilities
- Defines for consumers what to expect before, during and after the completion of a project
- Provides a mechanism for resolving conflicts
- Ensures customer satisfaction