Quality Assurance Builder Standards.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS TO BUILD BY.
Participation in the Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards (QABS) program is only available locally to members of the Southwestern Indiana Builders Association.
The objective of the Standards is to encourage professionalism within the home building industry and increase the likelihood that consumers will have satisfactory experiences when building or remodeling their homes.
The standards address the vast majority of the questions that arise in the course of the typical construction or remodeling process; define the builder’s and the homeowner’s responsibilities; and define for customers what to expect before, during and after the completion of a project.
What the Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards ARE:
- Tool used to establish realistic customer expectations at the beginning of the building process for the service period
- Definition of standards for common issues that would typically lead to disputes and independent inspections of a builder’s product
- Set of standards that will eliminate further government intervention into the industry caused by customer complaints
- Method by which the builders association will work to improve the consumer’s image of builders and the building process.
What the Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards Are NOT:
- They will NOT create a drastic change in the way you are doing business today
- They are NOT an attempt to rewrite the building codes
- They are NOT an attempt to add another review process to your business of building homes
- They are NOT an attempt to have the builders association tell you how you should build your house or what materials to use in your house